To some the subject is kind of kooky...maybe even a bit spooky, but since I was a kid, I've had out-of-body experiences (OBEs). Now, before you write me off as being some kind of 'shroom trippin' hippie; hear me out. Astral travel seems to happen to different people in various ways. To some folks, flying in your dreams is considered astral travel . I just consider flying in your dreams to be... flying in your dreams. For most, myself included, it's about your spirit/essence roaming around outside your body when you're sleeping. For me, it's proof-positive that we are not just our bodies. We can visit other places, and do other things, besides what our physical selves dictate.
The first time I experienced it, I was very young. I wasn't sure what was happening. I just knew I could hear voices and other things going on around me as if I were awake but I couldn't move. I would try to wake up, but my body wouldn't respond. I somehow figured out that if I stayed focused on small parts of my physical being, like wiggling my toes, I could reconnect the inner me with the outer me. I've had to get pretty good at this since most people don't even realize what's going on. I had a boyfriend tell me once, " I just thought you were having a nightmare." Well, wake me then! Hello?!!
It happened recently when my 7 year old nephew was visiting. He is a very intuitive kid. He was in the next room but could here me struggling and asking for help, even though I couldn't open my mouth. Like I said, he's a very intuitive kid. He called my name and I managed to relate to him that I needed help. He asked me what he should do and somehow I asked him to shake me. He got it, because he shook me and I was able to "reconnect". When I opened my eyes, he said, "You scared me." I told him, "I scared me too, kid".
Now, I don't want you to think that the OBE is always unpleasant for me. When I moved away from home and went to college, I didn't realize how much I missed my family until I started to inadvertently visit them in my dreams. I would listen in on conversations that my mother and sister were having, or watch my brothers playing. When it happened that way, I didn't worry so much about how I would get back into my body.
I've spent a lot of time analyzing when this happens and why. Generally, my OBEs have happened during an afternoon nap and when I've slept in late; when I'm sleeping for the luxury and not the necessity of it. I've come to the conclusion that it's related to one or two things. It has happened more during points in my life when I've felt depressed. I guess my spirit felt the need to escape from the stresses that can sometimes overwhelm us in life. It happens also, I think, when I'm spending more time sleeping than living. I think my spirit gets bored with me and says, "Later for this. I'm going out to play." For me, it's a reminder to live life in a way to keep your spirit happy, so it doesn't go looking for adventure elsewhere.
About Me
- oshun dreams
- Miami Beach, FL, United States
- I am sister lover mother educator dreamer doer being moving into sunshine stepping out of shoes that no longer fit. I am light love life hope faith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment